Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Photo school

This evening I enrolled in the New York Institute of Photography. I am going to take their professional photography course. I've been feeling kind of stagnant in my photography lately, like I'm just not getting any better. Hopefully, this will give me the skills to take my photography to the next level. It's a study at home, at your own pace kind of thing. They say it can be completed in half a year. I'd like to finish in two years, but they allot up to three. The tuition goes up $200 at the end of the week, that's why I decided to enroll now. I also got $350 off the current price. Now if only I had a couple of friends who also A) wanted to take the course and B) could afford to take it.

8 comments:

Dave Ketah said...

How much is it?

Angie said...

I enrolled at $650.

Tiffany Carlson said...

That's so cool Angie! I'm really excited for you. It seems many of us married ladies are hitting the books again. :)

rachel said...

uh, i only fit under category A
but maybe i can do the homework assignments with you?

Angie said...

A study buddy! Only it's less study and more play. Shhhh, don't tell our husbands.

Wesly Smith said...

I saw that.

Anonymous said...

Very cool. I saw the package when I was over there... was wondering what it was. I wish I could do something like that, but I feel my attentions are divided right now. I'm still not sure which of my hobbies or interests to pursue more fully. I have this coworker that keeps me up to date on all the latest camera models out there. He has been describing the Canon EOS 5D Mark II. Woah... Sick! If I had copious amounts of money, I'd want to get that. Shoots full HD video, using all its advanced features, including ISO 25600! WOW! But if I was that rich, I'd probably feel led to give to the Rameys, and still not get my camera :)

Anonymous said...

It's crazy that I still have my first digital camera ever... a 3MP Olympus! Woooo! Still takes "OK" pictures... but I've been wanting a new one for YEARS! Feel guilty spending so much. Perhaps some day. If I had a business or more serious reason, I'd probably just go out and buy one. They just keep getting better though... and it feels like buying one will be disappointing, when a new WAY BETTER one comes out the next month! Of course that will never end, so one just has to do it.