Monday, March 03, 2008

110 days

A week ago, Sunday, I finished reading through my Bible. I started when Adaya was three weeks and my spinal headache had subsided enough to read. I read a lot of it out loud, which was challenging, at times. I read whenever Adaya was nursing. I've tried a few times to read through in a year, but have never succeeded. So the fact that I did so in less than 4 months, feels like I actually accomplished something usefull. It's interesting to read all of the scripture that compactly. I think it helped me look at it as a whole instead of verses and chapters and books. It helped bring the old and new testiments into a tighter relationship with one another. It brought to life some things that I maybe skimmed over in the past. I think it was a valuable thing to do. I don't know that I will ever read it again like that, that was a lot of reading. But now that I am done, it feels like I don't read my Bible enough. It's an odd feeling really.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's great! Nice job!

Ashby said...

I am so proud of you, Ange! What a great use of your time.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rachel said...

I remember a similar feeling ang when i read through mine quickly. Ironically it was when Blythe was an infant. And really, i don't think i remember anything else about that period of time. (4+>2+baby= non-functioning brain)