Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A day in the life...

8:30 - I carted Josiah to the library in time to drop our books in the overnight bin. They were due yesterday. One was recalled. I didn't want to have to pay a fine so we got them in the bin at 8:45 before the library opened so that they would check them in as yesterday.
9:00 - Josiah watches Seseame Street. I got out the paint I bought yesterday and started a new project. No, I shouldn't have, but I did. It's my new "crazy project #387" :O) I wanted to see if I wanted to do would work before I go out and buy 31 more canvases. I'll be buying them 1 at a time with 40% off coupons for the next 31 weeks or so. Thanks for the latex idea, Ciara. I also played with AutoCAD a bit. I've got to brush up my skills a bit and design an Academy.
9:30 - Josiah yells for me. I come down stairs to see what's up. Cookie Monster is learning about healthy eating. This must be the first time Josiah has seen this, it's the first time I have. Two years of watch SS, about twice a week, and I finally see the healthy side of CM. So he gorges himself on fruit and then still eats the cookie. Is that really that much healthier?
10:00 - Josiah watches Bob the Builder, I continue painting.
11:00 - We head outside to play. I get the recyling out and clean the garage some more. Josiah rides his tricycle (he's getting the peddling thing down), plays in the sand box, mows the lawn, draws with chalk, and "helps" mommy.
12:30 - We go in for lunch. I burn my lunch badly. The whole house was smokey. I'm suprised the firemen didn't show up at the door. I shouldn't be allowed to use the oven.
1:00 - I paint some more. Josiah wants to help but settles for watching and playing with his trains.
2:15 - Nap time for Josiah. More painting time for me.
5:15 - Nap time is over. Josiah wants to go back outside.
6:00 - I open the door for Josiah and I to head out and discover Wes on the other side with key ready.
6:15 - I make dinner while the boys play outside.
6:45 - Dinner.
7:15 - Wes leaves.
7:30 - Bath time for Josiah.
8:00 - Into bed, it's time for stories.
8:15 - Computer time for Mommy.
8:50 - Publish blog.

It was a good day. I came down with a cold Sunday evening and needed a day at home not doing a whole lot. So that's basically what I did. It was a good day to paint too. I can't smell as well as I should be able to so the latex paint didn't go to my head. Plus I got to play around with cad, which is always way fun. I just wish I hadn't burnt my lunch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did Wes go? Looks like a bath-time avoidance strategy to me. No mention of him coming back. Is is still gone? For that matter, no mention of him leaving in the morning, so how did he come home if he never left? So many questions...Wesley, man of mystery.
-SB in AK-

Angie said...

Stephen, you cracked me up.

7:00am - Drag myself out of bed. Wesly leaves for work.
7:30 - Josiah and I have breakfast.

8:45pm - Wesly returns from meeting with his mentor.

*note* Wesly, no second e.

Ashby said...

I like this. I like seeing your day. I had a crafty day, too!

I had a cold this weekend, too, and I've been trying to figure out who infected me. Here's my list of candidates so far:

You
Michael
Justin