Monday, March 26, 2007

Josiah asks questions/talks about the baby

This evening after his bath Josiah found me in the bedroom. The three of us end of laughing and talking and just having good old "family time" bouncing on mom and dad's bed. At some point I asked Josiah to show Daddy how he'll rock the baby (he showed this to me about a week ago). After his demonstration, Josiah starts talking about the baby more. I'm lying on my side on the bed...

Josiah (reaching over and touching my boob lightly): Look mommy, the baby moved up here.
Mom (Moving his had to my belly): No Josiah, the baby is still down here.
Josiah looks puzzled.
Mom continues: That's where the baby's milk will be.
Josiah (reaches over and touches my boob again): He, he, he. I tickled the baby's milk. Mom, how will the baby get the milk out?
Mom (hoping to not really have to explain this at the moment): The baby will just suck it out.
Josiah (very ernestly): The baby will drink it all up. Then we'll have to take off the lid and pour more milk in.
Mommy and Daddy die in laughter!

Edited on Tuesday morning to add:
And then this morning there was...

Josiah: Mommy, our baby is cold in your tummy.
Mom: It is? Why is the baby cold?
Josiah: Because it is. Because it has nooooooo clothes on.

2 comments:

Ashby said...

that is AWESOME. kids are so so so so funny.

Dave Ketah said...

That was funny! I love the stuff kids say at that age.