Monday, April 23, 2007

Role model at 3

Josiah makes me proud to call myself Mommy. Josiah is a helper. Josiah's favorite thing about being a part of Ethnos Church is loading and unloading the trailer. Last night was no different. After the gathering I went down to pick him up from his class. He quickly scurried up the stairs to "find daddy." Soon, it was, "Daddy, I want to help." Josiah ran off to find a rug he could roll and then pack out to the trailer. But tonight was different. After getting his third small rug rolled, I saw one of the "older boys" (1st grader?) run after him. Soon Josiah had a crew of three or so and they were packing out the larger rugs together. I found it interesting that I had never seen these other boys really doing much more than running around after the gathering. Perhaps they have helped before, and I just haven't seen it. I wonder how many times other children have seen Josiah helping out. I think many other the "adults" just think it's cute. I am proud of my son for setting a small, quiet example of what it means to serve God and be a part of a church community like Ethnos. I highly doubt he will be a king at the age of 8, but he can be a small leader now by setting an example for those around him.

No comments: