Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summer reading and writing

Today, on the first day of summer vacation, Josiah was overly eager to do his summer homework. I thought it was a bit odd for the first day of summer. I wonder how long it will last.

We made a deal. For every 5 minutes that he reads aloud to me, I will read one chapter to him. He read twice today for 15 minutes each, reading two whole books. I got to read 6 chapters. I cheated, they are short chapters and only took me 20 minutes total.

He also wrote today. He drew a picture of himself, Wes, and Adaya at a reptile zoo. He wrote 4 sentences about it. Then declared himself done. Then he went on to tell me this amazing tale. I suggested he write that down too. He didn't want to. So I wrote it down for him. The story ended with Josiah and Wes flying to Africa...

Something tells me he misses Ashby.

1 comment:

Ashby and Abram said...

I miss Siah, too.