Sunday, February 25, 2007

istock

A couple weeks ago I decided to give istock a shot. I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I'm not sure how I feel about cheap, mass stock photos. Also, it's not really what I want to do with my photography, but that's another story. So I applied. About two weeks later, by application was accepted. So I've uploaded two photos this last week (all I've had time for). This morning I got a message that one of them has been accepted. So I now have my first offical stock photo available for purchase. It's one of the photos from Wes's Christmas collage. You should be able to view it at http://www.istockphoto.com/file_closeup.php?id=2912047

6 comments:

Dave Ketah said...

So, do they sell the images? How much do you make?

I have a Nikon D80 on the way, and I might be looking for a way to offset some of the 'investment'!

Angie said...

Yep, they sell them. You don't make much. But maybe if you have enough and you're good, you make some dough.

Anonymous said...

How do you get started with something like that. I looked at their site. Didn't see where/how you can submit photos.
Stephen

Angie said...

It's there. You have to sign up. Then there should be a link to upload photos when you are logged on. So you go there and they have you take a test. Once you pass the test they request three photos for evaluation. If they deem your photos ready for publication, then you can upload photos for the site. Each photo is seperatly evaluated and they let you know if it is usable or not. Then you wait for someone who wants to pay to download your photo

yeahboone said...

Sign up under Angie's user name and it'll show up as a referral for her! Do it!

yeahboone said...

And great work Angie! Lets get together and shoot some people! I'm serious.