Thursday, May 10, 2007

17 week update

Well, we don't really know anything new. Things are going right by all outward appearances. The top of my uterus has grown to just below the belly button, right where the dr would expect it to be. We listened to the baby's heart beat again. The Dr estimated it at 130. I think that extimate is a bit low. The baby's heart rate seemed to be about twice+ what mine was (we could hear them both) and I don't think I was 65 having just walked under the hot cloudless sky for 20 minutes, uphill most of the way, while pushing Josiah in a stroller. So that's all I really know. We scheduled an ultrasound for the morning of the 18th. Depending on the tech we may or may not know what's going on until I can talk to the Dr the following monday or tuesday. It will probably depend on how right or how wrong everything is going and how open the tech is to answering questions they're not supposed to answer.

So the funest part of the visit...

When the Dr went pushing around on my uterus with the microphone, the baby began to push back. Obviously the Dr couldn't feel it yet, but I could feel the baby's reacting to the invasion of its space. It was very much an opposite force pushing directly back on the mic. Makes me wonder if the baby could only feel the device or if it could also sense some form of freguency waves coming off the thing and pulsing through it amnio fluid.

No comments: