Tuesday, October 09, 2007

"The line is busy."

I'm beginning to hate that phrase! Seriously! I spent two hours last night, calling every 15 minutes, trying to get a hold of my parents. All I got was, "The line is busy." They're not even home tonight (it's Bible Study night) and that's still all I get. I was going to leave them a message thinking they might return it when they got home. But all I get is, "The line is busy." They have dial up. I suppose Scotty is online tonight. If they're going to be online all the time, how am I supposed to call them to have them pick up Siah when I go into labor? Seriously, they are going to miss their granddaughter's birth at this rate. They don't have call waiting or voice messaging or cell phones. All I wanted to know was whether or not Dad thought he was going to go on Siah's field trip with me on Thursday. URG!

4 comments:

rachel said...

i can pick him up if their line is busy.
for reals
and hopefully i get over this damned cold so i can hold your baby too

Anonymous said...

Sorry Angie, we were at Bible study. You can always call Scotty's cell phone. I'll remind him that he needs to limit on line time. Will call you when I get home from school tomorrow. I thought about calling when I got home tonight, but am afraid you are napping at that time. Mom

Ashby said...

HEY. I thought I got to pick up Siah when you go into labour!

Angie said...

If we can't contact my parents or it is an emergency that needs delt with before my parents would be able to arrive, I will call both of you and you can duke it out. :O)