Monday, October 01, 2007

38 weeks and recent happenings

Tomorrow marks 38 weeks. Today I had a dr. appointment. Nothing new. Measuring 38 cm. Blood pressure was a little high but the dr rechecked it at the end of the appointment and it was down 10 points. So not really anything to worry about. Baby's heart rate was a nice 148.

Life has been busy the past few weeks. Ashby threw a party in the baby's honor on the 22nd. That was fun. We collected about 600 diapers for needy babies. We didn't play any games. :O) That would mean I've never had to play a game at any baby shower that was for my own baby. I like that.

I've been going to a preggie water aerobics class now that Josiah is in preschool. It's nice to get in the water and just be able to float about. I feel so heavy when I get out. Gravity sucks.

Thursday and Friday I did a lot of last minute birthday party prep. Including the creation of dino island. I recommend that all the women out there forgo having parties for their other children when they are 8 1/2 months pregnant. By the time the party was over and all the kids went home, I was just beat. We had a time of playing, followed by peanut butter playdoh, and then it was time for the dino egg hunt outside. We then sang happy birthday and the children happily ate dino island cake. Finally we unwrapped presents. It's amazing how eager all the children where to help Josiah with that task. We opened up all of Josiah's new dinos and the kids were all happily occupied until parents came. We kept a couple of the kids till about 5, at which time I collapsed.

But wait! The day isn't over yet. Shortly there after I was off to the store to pick up perscriptions, milk, dinner for Josiah and Grandma Smith, and Josiah's Christmas present (I got a fab founder's day deal at Freddy's). We ran home to drop things off and then headed back out for Anthony and Sara's engagment party. We finally arrived home at about ten. And while beginning to get ready for bed, Josiah awoke in tears. So we spent the next hour or so trying to get him calm and back into bed.

So I didn't do much early Sunday. I was beat and then some. At 3:30 we left to host a concert at Our Place CC. After the concert it was time to go to our weekly dinner out. And then home.

I'm still feeling rather tired today. But it is time to get back to work on getting the baby's room together...

1 comment:

Wesly Smith said...

Umm...by "collapse" she meant "got to sit down and rest", not "passed out and fell to the floor"...