Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Praying for mommy and baby

I posted this on the Ethnos forum and just thought I'd put it here too...

Today, believe it or not, marks 38 weeks for us. Which means we could have the baby as early as today or up to four weeks from today. Needless to say we are both nervious and excited about our upcoming delivery. So if you are the praying type, here is a list of specific things that you can be in prayer with us about.

1. Safe delivery for mom and baby
2. A successful VBAC delivery. I don't want to have to have another c-section. I think a lot of people forget that a c-section is considered major surgery and that is what it takes to recover from one.
3. That God would give me the strength to work through the pain and have a drug free delivery. Because I believe it is best for the baby and also because my body doesn't generally cope well with drugs.
4. My blood pressure has been on the rise the last couple of appointments. Pray that it would return to normal and stay within a safe range.
5. Many pregnant women who have carpol tunnel experience bad flare ups through out the pregnancy, possibly due to swelling. Mine has been increasingly painful this past week.
6. Rest and energy. That I would be able to sleep better and keep up with my four year old.
7. The time to get done those things that need done before the baby arrives.
8. That God would help us choose just the right name for our little girl.
9. Emotional stability, which is difficult when the stresses of life collide with the hormones of pregnancy.
10. That Josiah would deal with the household changes well.

Thanks. I know it's a lot, but those are the things I'm dealing with this month.

3 comments:

Ashby said...

I am praying, Ang.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you. Let me know if you need help with anything.

Laura Anne said...

Praying! I'm so excited to see your baby!

Do you have the book "I'm a big brother?"