Friday, May 26, 2006

Ants!!!!! - again

So all our ants vanished for a while. We saw about one a week on average. Wes had me convinced that they were just living out in the back forty behind the house and were occationally finding an open door to sneak into the house.

Did you know that you can hear carpenter ants in the wall? It sounds like a little romatic fire. That's what we heard a week ago.

On Tuesday, Todd the exterminator, came over to our house. Everything he did stired the ants. Suddenly they were back inside in large numbers. On Wednesday I smooshed and vacumed up 94 ants. On Thursday, I got 45. Today, I got just 4. I haven't seen any live ants since about noon. I don't hear them anymore either. Could it be that Todd brought an end to the nest's existance? For the structural sake of our home, I sure hope so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll take the mosquitos any day. Being able to hear them in the walls...that's nasty.

Stephen