Sunday, May 21, 2006

exhasted


Usually, Saturday mornings are all mine. But yesterday, Wes woke up sick. Really sick. That stressed me out. So I couldn't sleep past the point of when he made his announcement. Why did it stress me out? Because we're teaching today. I was way short on ideas for filling our 2+ hour teaching shift. So I was counting on him being able to help with Josiah a lot. So at 5am, I got up. I sent an email off to Brenda, crying, begging for help. I desperatly needed someone to fill Wes's slot and ideas.

So yesterday I spent the day juggling. I worked on my serious project that I started Thursday (One of the few ideas I actually had.) I somehow came up with two crafts for my class. I prepared to use CD's for music instead of my sick guitarist. I still don't know what songs I'm actually going to do. But that doesn't really matter. I took care of my sick hubby. I took care of most of my toddlers needs. (Wes was able to help a little so I could do some of my painting.) I got zero house work done. I didn't have any energy left to make Josiah clean up his toys. They're everywhere. It was an exhausting day. And guess who thought 5am was a good time to get up this morning? (I made him go back to bed till six, but that doesn't mean I got any more sleep.) So once again, I'm so tired. Hopefully I'll make it through my class this evening. Hopefully Brenda found me a helper.

Of course no one seems to read my blog on a regular basis, so I might as well state for the record what I've been up to. Thursday I had this plan to paint these boards that I got to do my final school project, which was over seven years ago. They've just been sitting in the garage or in storage since graduation. So I got them out and started cleaning them up. I don't know why I had this impulse. I just did. But while I was cleaning them up, it hit me. Or perhaps it was God hitting me over the head with a hammer. No, it was gentler than that. It was more like He reached down to turned on the idea light bulb over my head. So I started working on a much bigger idea than painting.

(fade into flash back)

Scene:
Two weeks ago. Chatting with Rachel about resources that Ethnos has available for the teachers. At the Ketah's house. Children's ministry meeting has just ended about a half hour earlier.

Rachel: We also have this box of assorted puppets. Juli gave them to us. (catching Juli's attention and bringing her into the conversation.) Hey Juli, tell Angie about the puppets.

Juli: It's just a couple dozen puppets. They're in one of the boxes. They're all animals, we don't have any people.

Rachel: I've had this idea that the older kids might do puppet shows for the younger groups.

Juli: (In a doubtful tone) That'd be a great idea. But someone would have to write the script.

Angie: So do we have a stage of any kind?

Rachel: No. (Joking tone) Hey Angie, you could build us one.

Angie: (Just laughs)

(fades back to the present)

Okay. I'll do it. Rachel planted an idea I never thought I'd do. I forgot about it till Thursday. God jossled it to the forfront of my thoughts. I'm not laughing anymore. I'm wondering if my puppet theater will fit in our trunk. Mind you, it's not the greatest thing I've ever done. It's not nearly as perfect as this perfectionist would like it to be. But it will be usable this week and I can work on improvements over the next week. I don't think I've ever done a project like this in just 48 hours. It barely takes up any more room now than the boards did before. I wrote a play for it too. I know, crazy.

I'm sore, from building and painting. I'm tired from a lack of sleep. Perfect body conditions for catching what Wes has got. Grand.

Here's a link to the funny conversation I've been having with everyone on the forum. Fred and the apostle Paul are the main characters for my play.

http://www.ethnoschurch.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=861

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your blog on a regular basis, Angie.

Tiffany said...

I also read your blog, mainly to check out your wonderful pictures. Thanks for all you hard work putting that puppet stage together... I'm sure it will get plenty of use in the future.... who knows? maybe kids of my own will be using it some day

Angie said...

I know you do, Ashby.

Tiffany, that's why I started my blog. To share some of my photos.

Anonymous said...

...so how did the puppet show go? You guys looked like you were having fun when I stuck my head in there yesterday!

Anonymous said...

When do I get to see a puppet show? Better yet, When do I get to see Josiah?

Angie said...

I don't know. When are you going to learn to spell grandpa?