Tuesday, August 28, 2007

lunar eclipse

Did you see it this morning? No!? I'm sorry, let me fill you in.
This was actually the first time I've used my telescope to do any photography. I'd been wanting a telescope to do photography for several years. Finally got one for this past Christmas. Then I go and get pregnant. So I have nasty morning sickness and low energy. But this is the best lunar eclipse we will see in these parts for several years. So my alarm went off at 12:30am and I got myself out of bed and got the telescope and camera set up. I didn't stay up for part two, the uneclipsing. I figured at 3:30am that I had lost enough sleep and headed to bed. But not before I turned my 800mm lens back into a telescope. Wish I could have photographed with the eye piece (it doesn't fit in my adapter). It was amazing. The moon was so beautiful and you could see all these stars twinkling around it. Definitely worth 3 hours of lost sleep. I hope to use photoshop to make a sweet composit. Maybe it will become my yearly photo donation to the Visible Grace Auction...

5 comments:

rachel said...

those are amazing.
i'm so glad i got to see it even though i was up at the time and completely unaware it was going on...
AAAGH!
anyway, thanks for helping me cope with my loss :)

Ashby said...

These are really, really good, Ang!

Laura Anne said...

Wow, I'm glad I got to see it! I figured I didn't need to lose any more sleep. :P

Angie said...

Rachel, why are you up in the middle of the night? Go to bed.

Ashby said...

oh yeah. rachel doesn't sleep anymore.