Friday, January 26, 2007

heartache

A couple of months ago, at an Ethnos Sunday gathering, I looked around the room and saw heartache everywhere. So many young families in the mist of struggles. It really struck me how many of my sisters in Christ were hurting so much. Sisters who ache for children and wonder if it will ever be their turn, if God will ever give them a child. Sisters who grieve the loss of an unborn child. Sisters who ache for their older children whom they may be lossing. Sisters who are struggling to be single mothers, while trying to heal from the wounds left by an absent husband. Sisters with wounds of all kinds and sizes, from things I can't begin to imagine.

So why write about this now? Because I was reminded of this pain yesterday. I saw it in the empty, sad eyes of a child with a broken heart. A child who is carrying more heartache then they should.

I weep.

I weep for my sisters.

I weep for the children.

Lord, see our tears and hear our cries. The pain is deep. The heartache is great. Give my sisters the cries of their hearts. Mend their wounds. Restore their hope and joy. Bring laughter to the eyes of the children. Be their Father. Bring healing. Dry our tears.

3 comments:

Dave Ketah said...

Thanks for sharing this motivator for prayer!

Angie said...

No, Lord. Not more heartache. Please no. Send your miracle. Protect the unborn child. My sister needs you.

Ashby said...

Man. This is a beautiful post that hits home with a lot of the stuff that's been going on. My reaction is more like, 'NO! I CAN'T HANDLE ANYMORE! STOOOOP!'