Wednesday, January 17, 2007

snowflakes

We're home. (In case anyone cares.)
I just wanted to share with you some of my shots from Tuesday. These ones turned out better then the ones from Saturday. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. I am fasinated with snowflakes that actually look like more than a wet blob falling from the sky. For those of you who don't know much about photography... These are extremly difficult to shoot. Unless you have an entirely flat flake (I've never ment one) and are prefectly aligned you cannot get the entire flake to focus. And for those of you who do know something about photography... I shot these entirely on manual, full open at 2.2f, at about 1/20-1/30 of a second, with my D70, my 24mm lense, and a reversing ring.

7 comments:

Wesly Smith said...

Yeay, those turned out well.

Anonymous said...

I'm liking the pics.

Dave Ketah said...

Nice! I really like 'macro' photography, it gives a view of things we don't often see!


Incidentally, I added some clarification to the comments for the blog post you commented on over at my blog!

Anonymous said...

The Lord speaks to me through the things of nature...how much he loves us, that he'd put such beautiful detail into the anonymous snowflake. Snow speaks so gently of his grace, to me. (Very cool, related snow/God-story, if you'd like to hear sometime.)

Any way you'd be willing to do a small photo montage of these for me? I'd willingly pay the cost(s)...these pictures make me want to weep.

:o)

Ashby said...

I care! I missed you guys. Welcome home. I'm glad you were safe and were able to enjoy a few extra days over there.

I LOVE these snow pics! I am so impressed, Ange!

Angie said...

I've missed you too, Ash. I wish you didn't have class on Thursday nights. It feels like ages since we've gotten a chance to talk.

Unknown said...

These make me want to shop for macro accessories for my Rebel, in hopes that I can figure out how to take pictures like you! One of these days it would be fun for you to give a mini photography lesson... perhaps a girls night out?