Monday, January 29, 2007

My morning mission

Today, Wes is home sick. However, he has put in almost 5 hours worth of work, working from home. He let me run some errands this morning on my own. We needed some food staples. I headed off for Costco. Shortly after leaving, I remember that Oleson is under major reconstruction. No worry, I'm not in a hurry. In fact, I rather like the slow pace of waiting for the construction flagger. You see, I have this little thing I like to do. My mission is to make half of the flaggers smile. While all the other drivers are annoyed and impaitient, I just try to smile and seem like I rather enjoy all the construction. Today, I only managed 2 out of 8. But hey, that's two more smiles out there then there could have been. By the way, it was an excellent day to go to Costco today. There was no one there. I was quite shocked by the lack of shoppers. It was nice. I bought some flowers to grow up my new trellise that Troy built us.

No comments: