Monday, June 11, 2007

Josiah's tragedy

Josiah was playing in his room Saturday morning. Suddenly he started to scream. I thought he was hurt he was crying so hard. I raced up the stairs and found him safely sitting on his bed. In one hand was his snow globe, in the other a large piece of glass. Okay, not so safe. Turns out he had bumpped his dresser just right so that his globe fell and shattered on the corner of his bed. So we spent the morning tearing his bed apart and making sure every bit of glass was removed. We had to move the mattresses to the living room so they could dry. He has a captains bed with lots of storage underneath so we had to remove the items from storage, dry them, and remove more glass. We also had to prop his bed up so that it could dry underneath. His floor is still drying.

So some good came of this. It gave me a chance to go through everything under his bed. We're throwing some of it out, garage selling some of it, and just leaving some of it out. The things that didn't go back under are my dolls and their clothes (which are in the wash as I type), my little ponies, and my strawberry shortcake dolls. Now in the front more accessable compartment are clothes for Josiah when he's a bit taller, and some visiblegrace blankets. The other good thing that came out of this incident is that Josiah has gotten to sleep in his sleeping bag in his "tent" for a couple of nights. I think he's really enjoyed that. We may have trouble convincing him that he needs to sleep in his bed tonight.

No comments: